Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Adventures of Captain Gale: A couple of personal e-mails

Des here - Captain Gale and I are good friends and every so often he dropped an e-mail directly to me. Typically it was in relation to a Jimmy Buffett song he heard while on his adventures or Bruce Brown's surf Film, The Endless Summer (many boats with this name - and I love the movie ES I, ES II & ES Revisited by Dana Brown (Bruce's son). Here are a couple that came along at this time of year back when Captain Gale was sailing the Caribbean!


From: briangale@alum.bucknell.edu [mailto:briangale@alum.bucknell.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 7:22 PM
To: desmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Wassup?

Hey. I haven't a choice but to think about you. I spent the night with a boatload of older people, and as usual I ended up looking at their music. Older people must invite me aboard their boats, its practically the law, but they have no compunction to actually talk to me. if they EVER do, they see me at the cd pile and assume (incorrectly) that I'll do the least damage there.

This evening I'm looking through the pile when I find a certain surfing music player that you like, one connected to Endless Summer. I throw on his Christmas album which is awesome, he has 16 guitars overdubbed on some songs. God bless, it is AWESOME...

hope all is well in the non-work world. I wish I could have made it to your big 30 party last year. say hello to Michelle for me.
Brian
------------------------------
This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.


From: briangale@alum.bucknell.edu [mailto:briangale@alum.bucknell.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 9:20 AM
To: desmond@xxxxxxxx
Subject:

1st sighting of a boat named Endless Summer...
------------------------------
This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.

No comments: