Saturday, April 14, 2007

Desmobile and the Captain Gale Tie In


Many of you might like to know who, what, how or why The Adventures of Captain Gale are posted (4 years later) on the Desmobile Blog. Well Captain Gale is an old buddy of mine to decided to retire early and buy a sailboat and travel to the Bahamas and Caribbean. Both of us are Sun, Surf, Sand, Boat Drink and Jimmy Buffett fans. He sent back e-mails of his travels week in and out over the 6+ months he was there. I kept every post and told him that when he got back he should add pictures and write a book using his posts - maybe a TV pilot or even better a screenplay. Anyway Captain Gale is back and working in the Telecom industry back East. I'm out West and I re-post his old e-mails cause the writing is funny (especially if you know Captain Gale) and I hope to inspire others to stop running the Rat Race they're in, throw caution to the wind and do something fun before you miss the chance to do it. Not everyone can sail - maybe you want to drive across country, backpack through Europe or even run The Amazing Race...just go for it before your life is over!

Here's the e-mail Captain Gale sent back to me the first time I came up with the idea!!!


From: briangale@alum.bucknell.edu [mailto:briangale@alum.bucknell.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 8:31 AM
To: Desmond.Smith@T-Mobile.com
Subject: Screenplay

Hello my brutha - I like your idea, geting rich and famous for slacking in the Bahamas for six months! If this works out, perhaps next year's movie will be Baja, California!

Actually Herman Wouk and Jimmy Buffet got together a few years ago to make a musical out of Wouk's book "Don't Stop the Carnival." I guess it did well off-broadway. A good book - about a New Yorker who's fed up with NY so he buys a hotel in the Caribbean. VERY funny!

Well, I'm just hanging out here in the Abacos for a few more days. There's a storm coming Thursday which has the ocean all kicked up for the rest of the week. I hope to head south at the end of the week.

Keep bothering Robert and Dan for me -

Brian

------------------------------
This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.

No comments: